Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Welcome

I am a librarian at a public library (XYZ) who deals with randomness all day long. I love my job. I love public libraries. I wouldn't work anywhere else. But sometimes my job is insane . . . and by insane I mean handling insane patrons. Sometimes I get reamed out for not being the great guru of all knowledge. Other times I wonder why I got a Masters Degree to scrap CD labels.

Don't get me wrong, I would fight tooth and nail for library rights, the value of public libraries and for patron rights. But they are strange none the less. I feel this bears documenting -- not only for my sanity but for the public good as well. So the good will be mixed in with the bad or creepy. Hopefully creating a balanced view of libraries in general.

0 comments:

Post a Comment